Stag & Victor expands via Planet Sports
Stag, one of the most recognized brands in table tennis and Victor
April 29, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Stag, one of the most recognized brands in table tennis and Victor, the global leader in badminton shuttles and the no.1 badminton brand in Europe are expanding retail presence in India via Planet Sports. Planet Sports, India's largest multi-brand sports and lifestyle specialty retail chain, is the flagship format of Pantaloon Retail India Limited- Sports division. The partnership calls for popularizing the world-class product line of Stag in table tennis and of Victor in badminton across 15 states in India riding on Planet Sports’ wide retail network.
This strategic initiative predominantly aims at promoting Stag and Victor product lines, by jointly administering their merchandise distribution through Planet Sports in order to offer best experience to the customer through effective management of shelf and floor space, better visual merchandising and company promoters.
The agreement is an important part of Stag and Victor’s brand building and market development strategies. Over the years, customers have clearly shown a propensity to purchase sports equipments through retail, and hence this collaboration will create a benchmark for both the companies to provide consumers a broad selection of high-quality products.
Furthermore, Mr. Ravdeep Singh, CEO, Planet Sports commented, "We are delighted to associate with Stag and Victor in India. Planet Sports consumers now have more to choose from our widened basket of Sports Equipment. This association is yet another initiative from us to bring the best in sports equipment to our consumers. We are sure they will like the quality equipment, and a robust end-user support service from Stag and Victor.”
As, Victor and Stag look at entrenching in the Indian market and easily getting a stronger hold, the access to about 40 outlets of Planet Sports in more than 15 states including Karnataka, Maharashtra, Delhi, Gujarat, West Bengal, MP, etc., will provide the brands the much sought after leap in availability geographically.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore