Starbucks takes the runway
Opens two outlets at IGI Airport, Delhi.January 25, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tata Starbucks Limited, the 50/50 joint venture between Starbucks Coffee Company (Nasdaq: SBUX) and Tata Global Beverages Limited, announced the opening of its first stores at Terminal 3 of New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI). Suitably located in Domestic Terminal’s Gate 27 and International Terminal’s Gate 15, the stores will open doors to the travelers this week. With this launch, Starbucks forays into a new market segment and expands the number of stores, reaching more customers in the market.
Commenting on the new openings, Avani Saglani Davda, CEO, Tata Starbucks Limited stated, “The launch at the New Delhi IGI Airport is consistent with our commitment to work thoughtfully to open stores in locations where our customers want and expect us to be. We look forward to extending the unique Starbucks Experience and meeting the increasing demand for high quality coffee within travel channels in India. We are confident that our customers will greatly enjoy Starbucks high quality arabica coffee, our signature espresso beverages as well as the unique food offerings of our portfolio.”
With the entry into this segment, Starbucks will offer a differentiated breakfast menu that is carefully selected to cater to travelers, while providing an inviting and relaxed atmosphere to enjoy the legendary Starbucks Experience while in transit.
At the International terminal, the store will be open to service 24hours and from 5 AM – 9 PM at the domestic terminal. Starbucks plans to extend its presence in this segment with the launch of Starbucks stores at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai by the end of March 2013.
Starbucks entered the market in October 2012 with the launch of three stores in Mumbai and its plans are on track to open in Delhi in early February 2013.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021