Subhiksha starting afresh through franchise model
Discount retailer Subhiksha, which had quit some time ago, is attempting to revive a few of its stores in Chennai through a franchise model, where the franchisees operate the stores under the Subhiksh
January 23, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Discount retailer Subhiksha, which had quit some time ago, is attempting to revive a few of its stores in Chennai through a franchise model, where the franchisees operate the stores under the Subhiksha brand at the front end while a Subhiksha team helps at the back end operations and sourcing.
With the backdrop of several court-cases and petitions, the company has decided to start up three stores in Chennai under this franchisee model by early February in the localities of Triplicane, Ambattur and Tiruvanmiyur. The retailer is looking at franchisees, who can help roll out more stores. The franchisees will operate the stores and stocking on a cash basis to begin with.
The stores will operate on the same discount model that Subhiksha grew its reputation on.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021