Subway goes veg
To open first all-veg outlet in Punjab.August 20, 2012 | comments ( 3 ) |
Subway, the foot-long and salad restaurant chain, is all set to open its first all-vegetarian outlet in Punjab. The chain which has 37,000 outlets across the globe, will be rolling out first of its kind store in Lovely Professional University, a private university in Jalandhar. The deal was signed in November 2011.
The university, run by a Hindu Mittal family, has been promoting vegetarian meals on the campus.
After Pizza Hut turning vegetarian in Gujarat, Subway is second in the league. The all-veg outlet will open on September 4.
According to the Subway spokesperson, the brand has always been sensitive to the requirements of the markets. Subway in India always operates with two separate counters for vegetarian and non-vegetarian sandwiches.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021