Superbrands honours Business Brands
Adani, Bharat Petroleum, BILT, Apollo, Cairn India, HCL, Indian Oil, Infosys, LIC are the few receivers of the Award by Superbrands
August 01, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Superbrands, the independent authority and arbiter of branding hosted a Tribute Evening to honour for their achievements and excellence in branding India’s Most Powerful brands in New Delhi. Amongst an august gathering of corporate honchos, brand superpowers and marketing excellence, Superbrands also unveiled the 2011 Superbrands book featuring the story of 50 of India’s strongest brands.
Speaking about the event, Mr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, CEO, Superbrands Worldwide Limited said, “As economies grow the role that brands discharge becomes very profound. Today, we are witnessing the arrival of not just powerful brands but those which truly wield extraordinary influence on the lives of entire families and on the choices people make. While India is still an emerging market there is no doubt that these Superbrands that we are honouring today will play an exceptional role as the Indian economic juggernaut gains greater momentum. I am delighted that this very special internationally recognised project is now nearing ten years in India and is playing a leading part in driving better brand management practices.”
Hundreds of leading Indian brands were evaluated first by a very knowledgeable group of brand-savvy citizens and then by the Superbrands Council which comprised some of the country’s most outstanding marketing minds. Only brands that achieved a very high level of recognition were invited to participate in the Business Superbrands book. This compendium traces the history and achievements of each of the brands and shows why every one of them is deserving of a Superbrands status.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India