Supertech raises Rs 400 cr from Xander
Supertech has raised R400 crore from the private equity firm Xander to finance its upcoming township and housing projects in GurgaonAugust 06, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
New Delhi: Realty firm Supertech said on Tuesday it has raised R400 crore from the private equity firm Xander to finance its upcoming township and housing projects in Gurgaon. The company will develop plots, villas and independent homes in the 140-acre township at an investment of about R1,100 crore.
“Supertech has received an investment of R400 crore ($66 million) from the Singapore-based real estate investment arm of The Xander Group Inc,” the company said in a statement. The investment has been made in township and group housing projects in Gurgaon, it added.
When contacted, Supertech director Mohit Arora said the company has offloaded almost 50% stake in township to Xander group. The company would develop over 1,200 plots/low-rise independent homes and 300 villas in the township to be launched shortly.
Commenting on the development, Rohan Sikri, partner at Xander Investment Management, Singapore, said: “We continue to see the National Capital Region as an important market for us in India, and the relationship with Supertech reinforces our investment appetite for end user focused residential projects with quality partners."
With projects worth more than R18,000 crore in hand, Supertech has over 90 million sq ft space under construction. It has a presence in Noida, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Moradabad, Haridwar, Rudrapur and Bangalore.
The Xander Group Inc is a global investment firm focused on the infrastructure, hospitality, retail and real estate markets. Since 2005, the firm has committed over $2 billion of capital to the Indian market across private, public and credit investments.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn