Sushi and More enters Mumbai
Take-away authentic Japanese cuisine customised for Indian customers
June 06, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sushi and More, the fresh food division of Maidoindia has launched its first stand-alone store in South Mumbai. The new outlet offers a range of freshly prepared take-away Japanese cuisine including Sushi, Tempuras, Gyozas, Bento Boxes and much more, customised to the taste and the wallet of the average Indian consumer.
The store aims to attract Indians customers into trying authentic Japanese cuisine. Harry Cheng, director, Maidoindia, elaborates, “We aspire to strike the right balance in customising Japanese cuisine for the Indian palette, while being careful not to compromise on its authenticity and we have designed an exciting and innovative menu to achieve this.”
Products such as Kikkoman soy sauces, miso soups, wasabi pastes, etc. are also available at this shop.
“Our menu is a combination of the basic ingredients from Japan, the freshest ingredients from local sources and application of Japanese methods of hygiene, food safety, cooking and storage”, explains Chef Shreeya Mitra, in-charge of this outlet.
The company has aggressive expansion plans and is planning to open 100 stores in the next five years.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021