Suwarnsparsh plans Rs 500 cr turnover via expansion
Also, aims to raise Rs 40 crore through PESeptember 23, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Suwarnsparsh, a prominent gemstone and jewellery retailer, said it is exploring options to raise Rs 40 crore through private equity to fund expansion to about 200 outlets in next five years on pan-India basis. Currently, the company has 42 outlets in Mumbai and Pune. Through the retail expansion the company aims to reach over Rs 500 crore turnovers in next five years. For the current fiscal the company aims revenue of Rs 65-70 crore based on its current sales trend.
The retailer, which currently generate about 75 per cent of its revenue from gemstone and the balance from one gram jewellery, expects to see increased contribution from the latter segment and garner revenue in equal proportion going forward.
Speaking on development Suwarnsparsh Chairman and Managing Director Vimal Patel, said, "Unlike the organised retail industry, which is modeled on high volume low margin business, we operate a niche business with high margins derived from our insightful domain knowledge on the subject generated over the past two decades,"
The astro gems market - a niche segment in the colour gemstone market is estimated at around Rs 5,000 crore, Patel informed.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021