Swipe at Barista for coffee and cash
India’s foremost café chain partners with Visa to launch a unique cash withdrawal facility
June 10, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
In a move that will benefit cardholders in India, Barista Lavazza and Visa have joined hands to launch Cash at PoS, the country’s first cash withdrawal facility at the point of sale in a retail store. This will enable all Visa Debit cardholders to not only pay for their coffee and snacks but also withdraw cash at over 170 Barista Lavazza outlets located across the country.
As per Reserve Bank of India guidelines, Visa Debit cardholders can withdraw an amount of up to Rs. 1000 in a day, at any Barista Lavazza outlet. Cardholders can walk up to a Barista Lavazza café; swipe their debit card for their cup of coffee or any other meal and withdraw an amount that they may require. There will be no charges levied on the cardholder for the cash withdrawal transaction.
The service is currently rolled out in Delhi NCR & Mumbai. It will be extended to other parts of the country over the next few weeks.
Mr. Sanjay Coutinho, Chief Executive Officer, Barista Lavazza said, “Barista Lavazza has always been ahead in the services it offers. We have continuously delivered exciting services keeping in mind consumer needs and requirements while offering them with a complete experience.”
As part of this association, Barista Lavazza is also offering up to 30% discounts on customized meal deals to all Visa Debit cardholders.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint