TAG HEUER to double stores in India
The luxury watch company plans to splash in a big way
September 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Sept. 29 New Delhi: As part of its expansion policy, TAG Heuer, the Swiss watch brand owned by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SA, plans to more than double its exclusive outlets in India in keeping with the upsurge in economic growth and stock market gains that have accelerated spending on luxury.
“TAG Heuer, endorsed by Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, will open 15 showrooms in India in three years”, said Manishi Sanwal, general manager of LVMH's watch and jewellery division in the country.
“The company, which already has six outlets, aims to spend 1 billion rupees ($22 million) for the expansion”, he further added. The market is growing at about 25 percent "at least for the high-end watches because the base is low," Sanwal justified in an interview in Mumbai today while adding, “about 40 percent of the watches are sold in Mumbai and New Delhi”.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021