TCL television sales Rises by over 120% in India in 2017
TCL becomes the latest brand to become aggressive in the Rs 22,000 crore television market currently dominated by Samsung, LG, Sony and Panasonic.April 16, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
Chinese consumer electronics major, TCL has registered a sales surge of over 120% to more than one lakh units in 2017. The company now wants to launch a new smart television brand in the country.
With the launch of the new brand, it wants to further strengthen its leadership position in the global LCD TV segment where it currently holds 10.9% share.
TCL was re-launched in India as an Amazon exclusive 18 months back and is now also making in-roads into offline distribution network for deeper regional penetration said the company.
Mike Chen, country manager at TCL India, said with the new TV brand it wants to provide Indian customers with a smart, one-stop solution that caters to their specific requirement by giving them the option of choosing what they want to watch across multiple channels of consumption.
TCL becomes the latest brand to become aggressive in the Rs 22,000 crore television market currently dominated by Samsung, LG, Sony, and Panasonic. Samsung is the largest television brand in the country with around 30% share followed by LG and Sony.
Recently Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi entered the segment with aggressive pricing and ambitions to become the largest television brand online. French brand Thomson has also just entered the online TV market with aggressive pricing. The television market in India has of-late become highly cluttered with over 30 brands.
- Flipkart and Hotstar come together to announce a new ad platform
- Yaantra sells 500k refurbished smartphones
- V Mart embraces PeopleStrong Alt to empower digital HR
- Amazon Prime Days register 35% surge from small towns
- Select CITYWALK adds Japanese luxury brand Onitsuka Tiger to its brand portfolio
- Milkbasket launches voice buying
- Flipkart adds recharge, travel tabs on its mobile app
- Grofers to enter FMCG segment; targets Rs 2,500 crore sales in FY19
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet