TPG, Shriram Group buy debt-ridden Vishal Retail
Debt-ridden Vishal Retail has completed its long time selling process
March 15, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Vishal Megamart-branded retail operations have around 150 stores. These stores will be operated by Airplaza and 20 franchise partners. TPG said it will invest Rs 200 crore in its Indian arm to turn it around and for future growth. Analysts predict that the deal may give an impetus to Vishal’s future growth.
Analysts predict that the deal may give an impetus to Vishal’s future growth.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India