TTK Prestige aims for overseas acquisition
Also plans to open 1000 stores over next three years in IndiaNovember 15, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
TTK Prestige is eyeing its first overseas acquisition in Europe as part of its strategy to take the brand into international market, according to a top company official. The company was looking to acquire only a "cookware" brand in Europe and currently the cookware industry there was valued at Euro 2 billion, informed TTK Prestige Chairman T T Jagannathan to reporters.
"We are looking (for acquisition).. the size of the deal will be around Rs 400 crore. Reason why we are looking is brands sold there are cheap and second European cookware brands are accepted worldwide...," he said.
Talking about the company's future plans, after formally inaugurating its 500th store here, he said, the company would penetrate deep into Tier three and four cities in the domestic market by expanding its stores. "By penetrating deep into tier three and four cities, we are looking at opening 1,000 stores in next three years", he said.
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear