TVS Capital eyes on QSR retail
Chennai-based TVS Capital Funds Ltd,
November 30, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Chennai-based TVS Capital Funds Ltd, a mid-cap growth equity fund, is aiming to invest the fund in quick service restaurant (QSR) space.
Refusing to give out details such as the name of the entity the fund is planning to invest in, the official spokesperson, said it will be a quick service restaurant and “not a Chennai-based one”.
It is reported that it will be the sixth company in the fund’s portfolio. The fund, jointly sponsored by Shriram Group, targets investments across consumer facing sectors such as retail, healthcare, education, hospitality, FMCG, restaurants, media and entertainment, facilities management, institutional catering and security services.
TVS Capital recently invested Rs 50 crore into Medfort Hospitals Pvt Ltd, a healthcare delivery business focused on eye and diabetes. It invested in Trent's subsidiary Landmark Ltd – a leading book and music retail chain; 99 Media – an integrated media and services player offering products across diverse platforms; Dusters – facility management service providers, and TVS Logistics.
- Microsoft starts retailing of Amazon Echo devices online and in stores
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India