Tainwala attains 48.5% in Planet Retail
Ramesh Tainwala, Samsonite, President (Asia-Pacific & West Asia)
February 04, 2011 | comments ( 1 ) |
Ramesh Tainwala, Samsonite, President (Asia-Pacific & West Asia) has confirmed the acquisition of 48.5% stake in Planet Retail, a Mumbai-based lifestyle and fashion retailer. It is reported that Tainwala has stake equal to V P Sharma, the company’s promoter. Together, Tainwala and Sharma own 97 per cent of the company, while Future Group’s Kishore Biyani holds the remaining 3 per cent.
Planet Retail, which has a turnover of Rs 170 crore, has in-licensing agreements with fashion brands Guess, Accessorize and Nautica. It also has the in-licensing mandate for Debenhams, a British departmental store chain, and Body Shop, a UK-based beauty products major. The company has close to 200 stores, and plans to raise the number to about 700 in the next three years. It has chalked out a roadmap to invest around Rs 450 cr, out of which Rs 110 cr will be invested this year.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021