Initializing...

Top Retail Brands

Tainwala attains 48.5% in Planet Retail

Ramesh Tainwala, Samsonite, President (Asia-Pacific & West Asia)


February 04, 2011  |  comments ( 1 )  | 
Tainwala attains 48.5% in Planet Retail

Ramesh Tainwala, Samsonite, President (Asia-Pacific & West Asia) has confirmed the acquisition of 48.5% stake in Planet Retail, a Mumbai-based lifestyle and fashion retailer. It is reported that Tainwala has stake equal to V P Sharma, the company’s promoter. Together, Tainwala and Sharma own 97 per cent of the company, while Future Group’s Kishore Biyani holds the remaining 3 per cent.

Planet Retail, which has a turnover of Rs 170 crore, has in-licensing agreements with fashion brands Guess, Accessorize and Nautica. It also has the in-licensing mandate for Debenhams, a British departmental store chain, and Body Shop, a UK-based beauty products major. The company has close to 200 stores, and plans to raise the number to about 700 in the next three years. It has chalked out a roadmap to invest around Rs 450 cr, out of which Rs 110 cr will be invested this year.


Related News


Comments

Please add your comment:

Rating   

Not readable? Change text.

Enter the characters as seen on the image (case insensitive)

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail

Subscribe for daily newsletter

Jitesh Kumar Jain February 04, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Myself Jitesh Kumar Jain 4m GUDIVADA, Krishna Dt, A.P. I own a vacant land of 1250 sq.yards in d midest of d town. D proposed land has 2 roads on its sides. & We r interested in giving d land on lease. If u have any plan 4 opening in Gudivada Town & u r looking 4 a site in dis area den contact me Looking forward 2 have an early reply. Thanking U, Yours faithfully, Jitesh Kumar Jain, 4/312, Tilak Road, GUDIVADA. Krishna Dt, A.P. Contact no.09440508086 E mail:jiteshkumarjain@gmail.com Contact: member@franchiseindia.com

Reply |