Taking separate pathways
SPAR International and Max Hypermarkets to pursue separate retail growth plans in India.May 11, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
SPAR International and Max Hypermarket India Private Limited have announced their intention to pursue separate strategies to grow their existing retail presence in India.
SPAR and Max Hypermarkets have enjoyed a very successful business relationship which has seen the launch of 13 SPAR branded modern hypermarkets across five states in India. All of the stores are trading very well and their success is confirmation that the SPAR retail offering has been very well received by consumers.
In order to take their respective businesses forward in India, SPAR wishes to extend its footprint nationwide through new partnership arrangements with a range of national and regional retailers. Separately, Max Hypermarkets is in discussions with potential partners to expand their business in India.
The current License Agreement between the two parties will therefore not be renewed after 31 December 2012.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka