Taking separate pathways
SPAR International and Max Hypermarkets to pursue separate retail growth plans in India.May 11, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
SPAR International and Max Hypermarket India Private Limited have announced their intention to pursue separate strategies to grow their existing retail presence in India.
SPAR and Max Hypermarkets have enjoyed a very successful business relationship which has seen the launch of 13 SPAR branded modern hypermarkets across five states in India. All of the stores are trading very well and their success is confirmation that the SPAR retail offering has been very well received by consumers.
In order to take their respective businesses forward in India, SPAR wishes to extend its footprint nationwide through new partnership arrangements with a range of national and regional retailers. Separately, Max Hypermarkets is in discussions with potential partners to expand their business in India.
The current License Agreement between the two parties will therefore not be renewed after 31 December 2012.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore