Tanishq to invest 150-200 crore for large format stores
With plans of spurring the success of their jewellery business, Tanishq, the jewellery brand of Titan Industries Ltd (TIL), is planning to focus on larger format stores and premium collections.
September 23, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
With plans of spurring the success of their jewellery business, Tanishq, the jewellery brand of Titan Industries Ltd (TIL), is planning to focus on larger format stores and premium collections. Opening its largest store in Chennai, the company plans to open three to four exclusive large format stores in metros within this financial year. The proposed expansion would require an investment of about Rs 150-200 crore. Hoping to ride high on the festival season, Tanishq hopes to sell jewellery worth Rs 500 crore, with introducing the ‘Queen of Diamonds’ contest September 18 to October 20 offering to the winners diamond jewellery worth Rs 4 crore as prizes. The contest is open to those purchasing jewellery worth Rs 15,000 or more at Tanishq showrooms across India during the contest period. The jewellery division, notched up sales of about Rs 2,600 crore during the last fiscal.
- US retailer Sears Holdings Corp files for bankruptcy
- Philips Lighting to increase prices on select products
- Walmart buys online lingerie retailer Bare Necessities
- Rahul Dravid to endorse Philips air purifiers
- Paytm may acquire UCWeb’s India biz
- Unicommerce selected as the exclusive partner by House of Anita Dongre for warehouse & e-commerce management solutions
- Amazon registers sales surge across the categories at opening day of festive sale
- ShopClues launches International Store on its platform
- Retail sector set to reach USD 1750 bn. by 2026: FICCI-Deloitte report
- LOVE MOSCHINO launches first flagship store in Delhi