Tata: Food biz on cards?
Tata Tea, the second largest tea company in the world is planning
August 24, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tata Tea, the second largest tea company in the world is planning to foray into the food segment business in the futuretimes. Incepted as a producer and seller of tea, Tata Global Beverages (till recently Tata Tea Ltd) aims at becoming abeverage company. The information was confirmed by Ratan Tata, the Chairman of Tata Group.CEO Peter Unsworth, who joined the company when the Tatas acquired Tetley 10 years back, said the company, with aturnover of $1.5 billion, has set a target of taking it to $5 billion by 2015.Tea contributes around 71% of company’s consolidated business. The company wants to surprise its customers with itsnew and innovative products. The company is optimistic on the proposed joint venture with Pepsi to produce non-carbonateddrinks, particularly fortified water products.The Himalayan mineral water would be a part of this operation.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2