Tata: Food biz on cards?
Tata Tea, the second largest tea company in the world is planning
August 24, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tata Tea, the second largest tea company in the world is planning to foray into the food segment business in the futuretimes. Incepted as a producer and seller of tea, Tata Global Beverages (till recently Tata Tea Ltd) aims at becoming abeverage company. The information was confirmed by Ratan Tata, the Chairman of Tata Group.CEO Peter Unsworth, who joined the company when the Tatas acquired Tetley 10 years back, said the company, with aturnover of $1.5 billion, has set a target of taking it to $5 billion by 2015.Tea contributes around 71% of company’s consolidated business. The company wants to surprise its customers with itsnew and innovative products. The company is optimistic on the proposed joint venture with Pepsi to produce non-carbonateddrinks, particularly fortified water products.The Himalayan mineral water would be a part of this operation.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021