Tata Motors to launch models regularly till 2020
Tata Motors is looking at launching a couple of models each year till 2020 as the company looks to ramp up its portfolio in the competitive Indian car market.July 04, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tata Motors is looking at launching a couple of models each year till 2020 as the company looks to ramp up its portfolio in the competitive Indian car market.
"We are working on a product strategy that started last year. The plan is to bring a couple of new vehicles every year," Tata Motors President, passenger vehicles, Ranjit Yadav told PTI.
The new vehicles will also cater to global markets and service various "attractive" segments, he added. He, however, did not share more details on the product launches. The company is also working on various other measures such as enhancing quality of manufacturing facilities and improving customer buying and after sales experience, Yadav said.
As part of the strategy to reach out to its customers, Tata Motors today unveiled a country-wide campaign to showcase its new 1.2 litre petrol engine that will power its soon-to-be -launched models Zest and Bolt.
"The Revotron 1.2 T will power our upcoming cars, the Zest and Bolt. To narrate this exciting story, we are engaging with our customers through various platforms," Yadav said.
The company will showcase the engine thorough Revotron Labs to customers across 15 cities. It plans to extend the campaign to digital platforms.
Tata Motors senior vice president, programme planning and project management, Girish Wagh said the Revotron range of engines would be manufactured at the company's Pune plant.
"The engines from Revotron series would power the upcoming products from the company's stable," Wagh said. When asked about the progress on the 800cc diesel engine, Wagh said: "The engine is still under development. Whether it will be used in Nano, is still to be decided."
He added however that Nano with AMT version, which was showcased during Auto Expo, is likely to be launched next month.
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay