Tata opens Star Daily outlet in Pune
New outlet is modelled on Tesco Express outletsOctober 17, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Major British retailer Tesco with the Tatas has launched a neighbourhood convenience store in Pune city. The new outlet is modelled on Tesco Express. Tesco Plc, the world's third largest retailer, has a partnership with Tata Group's Trent under which it provides back-end support and retail expertise.
The new format, Star Daily, is completely different. The first Star Daily outlet, opened in Pune is spread across 1,800 sq ft in size and stocks mainly fresh foods, groceries and essential items. Similar to a kirana store, Star Daily is kept open almost 15 hours starting at seven in the morning.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore