Tata opens Star Daily outlet in Pune
New outlet is modelled on Tesco Express outletsOctober 17, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
Major British retailer Tesco with the Tatas has launched a neighbourhood convenience store in Pune city. The new outlet is modelled on Tesco Express. Tesco Plc, the world's third largest retailer, has a partnership with Tata Group's Trent under which it provides back-end support and retail expertise.
The new format, Star Daily, is completely different. The first Star Daily outlet, opened in Pune is spread across 1,800 sq ft in size and stocks mainly fresh foods, groceries and essential items. Similar to a kirana store, Star Daily is kept open almost 15 hours starting at seven in the morning.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021