Tesco brands available at Star Bazaar
Tesco has entered Indian market through Trent, the retailing arm of Tatas. Tesco has an exclusive franchisee agreement with Trent. About 50-odd private brands, including Tesco Value, Daisy and All Abo
March 22, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tesco has entered Indian market through Trent, the retailing arm of Tatas. Tesco has an exclusive franchisee agreement with Trent. About 50-odd private brands, including Tesco Value, Daisy and All About Men, of Tesco are being sold through Trent's hypermarket chain, Star Bazaar. The brands mostly in the health and beauty category are priced between Rs 59 and Rs 349. Hypermarket is a large-format supermarket where groceries and merchandises are sold. The arrangement is expected to help Star Bazaar increase sales by marketing international brands.
Tesco, the UK's largest retailer, derives 50 per cent of its revenues from its private brands. Some of its brands sell at a premium to national brands. The retail giant posted revenues of pound 59.4 billion (Rs 4 lakh crore) in 2009 financial year.
Brands of the world's largest retailer, WalMart, are already available in its Indian partner Bharti Retail's Easyday stores. These include brands like Great Value and George.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021