Texas Pacific may take over Vishal Retail assets
A deal involving the takeover of the assets of Vishal Retail Ltd by US private equity fund Texas Pacific Group has been clinched. It is learnt that the promoter of the ailing retail firm, Mr R.C. Agar
March 13, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
A deal involving the takeover of the assets of Vishal Retail Ltd by US private equity fund Texas Pacific Group has been clinched. It is learnt that the promoter of the ailing retail firm, Mr R.C. Agarwal, will transfer the business into two new entities – a wholesale and a retail venture.
Texas Pacific Group will infuse Rs 250 crore into the new cash-and-carry or wholesale entity, with Vishal slated to carry out a slump sale to this company, transferring all its assets and most of its liabilities.
The proposal entailing the floating of a new firm for retail operations involves an Indian partner being inducted in due course.
Formal announcement by the corporate debt restructuring committee, which involves six of the 12 creditors that have to be paid Rs 736 crore by Vishal, is expected on March 26.
For the quarter ended December 2009, the company reported a net loss of Rs 120.92 crore.
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn