Texas Pacific may take over Vishal Retail assets
A deal involving the takeover of the assets of Vishal Retail Ltd by US private equity fund Texas Pacific Group has been clinched. It is learnt that the promoter of the ailing retail firm, Mr R.C. Agar
March 13, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
A deal involving the takeover of the assets of Vishal Retail Ltd by US private equity fund Texas Pacific Group has been clinched. It is learnt that the promoter of the ailing retail firm, Mr R.C. Agarwal, will transfer the business into two new entities – a wholesale and a retail venture.
Texas Pacific Group will infuse Rs 250 crore into the new cash-and-carry or wholesale entity, with Vishal slated to carry out a slump sale to this company, transferring all its assets and most of its liabilities.
The proposal entailing the floating of a new firm for retail operations involves an Indian partner being inducted in due course.
Formal announcement by the corporate debt restructuring committee, which involves six of the 12 creditors that have to be paid Rs 736 crore by Vishal, is expected on March 26.
For the quarter ended December 2009, the company reported a net loss of Rs 120.92 crore.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG