Tharanco Group set to enter India and expand in a big way
The Tharanco Group, a leader in the apparel industry which guides a portfolio of acclaimed luxury brands and private label offerings is all set to enter in India under the guidance of its Indian found
April 15, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Tharanco Group, a leader in the apparel industry which guides a portfolio of acclaimed luxury brands and private label offerings is all set to enter in India under the guidance of its Indian founder and Chairman Haresh T. Tharani. Tharanco Group in this process has acquired Greg Norman Collection, a subsidiary of MacGregor Golf Company, a golf lifestyle apparel and accessories brand for an undisclosed amount. This is probably one of its kind examples of a company owned by Indian founder acquiring a global golf lifestyle brand. Tharanco plans to work together with BTB Marketing as their partner in India and support them in their growth in becoming the dominant presence in Lifestyle apparel. The company is also working towards creating a complete Greg Norman lifestyle in India, which includes partnering closely with Fosters to identify a distributor to launch Greg Norman Estates fine wines into India. Tharanco gives Greg Norman Collection the opportunity to accelerate the building of a true lifestyle brand with a partner that has a strong and resourceful operations platform with deep experience in apparel sourcing and brand building. The company has significant global reach, is very well financed and experienced in licensing, which will allow Greg Norman Collection to increase sales and profits both internationally and domestically. The company will continue to place its apparel emphasis on being a leading authentic golf lifestyle brand that combines performance, luxury, and style through innovative product development. Additional emphasis for growth will be placed on International licensing and other related product licensing opportunities.
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor
- PVR buys controlling stake in SPI cinemas
- DailyNinja buys out 4amShop in all-cash deal
- GUESS to go on its own in India!
- Gome yet another Chinese brand plans to foray India
- Flipkart Launches ‘Flipkart Supermart’, Its Online Grocery Store
- B2B startup ShopX bags $35 mn fund from Fung Strategic Holdings