The Benetton interiors come to India
The new Benetton megastore opens today
March 25, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The new Benetton megastore opens today to reveal a new look combining innovation with history, thanks to the introduction of the new Benetton interiors concept, currently present in major European cities including Milan, Paris, London, Frankfurt and Istanbul. The store is located at Hamilton House, Connaught Place – an iconic Indian shopping destination that displays all the complexities, contradictions, beauty and dynamism of a city where the past rubs shoulders with the present. The design concept of the first-of-its-kind Benetton store in Asia successfully blends the Group’s innovation-driven identity, with the vibrant historical elements of the Indian capital.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Sanjeev Mohanty, CEO, Benetton India Private Limited, said, “It gives us immense pleasure today to launch our first Concept store in one of the most iconic shopping destinations of India – Connaught Place. Stores are an important communication platform for Benetton as it is here that we showcase the depth of our brand offering to the customers.” He added, “The launch of the new store strengthens Benetton’s presence in the Indian market, whose economic development Benetton regards with confidence and optimism”.
The new Benetton furnishings take the shape of big metal or wooden boxes, wardrobes on castors, tables in natural shapes. Rails, shelves and hanging systems resemble large, light, sophisticated 50’s-style bookcases: a group of elements designed to present a neatly arranged showcase of Benetton apparel and accessories, the true features of the interior.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG