The Body Shop on retail expansion
India, one of the fastest growing markets
December 21, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
India, one of the fastest growing markets for The Body Shop, received international attention as global CEO, Sophie Gasperment visited the country to celebrate the brand’s journey through the last four years.
Over the next four years The Body Shop plans to increase its store numbers to 150 stores in India; reaching 100 stores within the next two years alone. This next expansion phase involves opening stores in Tier 2 and 3 cities when the retail opportunity arises.
Already with 55 stores in 23 cities, the original natural and ethical brand plans to continue opening more stores through India, making its innovative and 100% vegetarian products accessible to the nation.
Sophie Gasperment comments:“I am extremely thrilled to visit India, one of the fastest growing economies in the world. India is a key market for the brand and by 2014 we aim to multiply the number of transactions by ten and to increase the number of people who will experience The Body Shop brand to fifteen million. In only four years, The Body Shop India has performed exceptionally well and has already reached the remarkable milestone of fifty-five stores”.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India