The Focus shifts to new retail segments for Future Group
Pantaloon Retail is looking at increasing its presence in the entertainment and leisure, sports and food retail space.
September 19, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Pantaloon Retail is looking at increasing its presence in the entertainment and leisure, sports and food retail space. The Future Group has significant presence in fashion merchandising retail space through its outlets Pantaloons, Central, Big Bazaar, Celio and Ethnicity. In November, Pantaloon plans to launch a new packaged commodity product brand (private label) 'Ekta' with 35 stock-keeping units (SKUs) to start with. The company is also planing to launch a private label in lingerie soon. In the entertainment and leisure space, the company is present through its subsidiary Galaxy Entertainment, and is likely to expand this business. Amongst new business ideas, Future Group plans to launch is a travel company as it recently acquired travel company Club 7. Another business the group is looking at is launching stores for printing and designing needs.
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor