The Focus shifts to new retail segments for Future Group
Pantaloon Retail is looking at increasing its presence in the entertainment and leisure, sports and food retail space.
September 19, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Pantaloon Retail is looking at increasing its presence in the entertainment and leisure, sports and food retail space. The Future Group has significant presence in fashion merchandising retail space through its outlets Pantaloons, Central, Big Bazaar, Celio and Ethnicity. In November, Pantaloon plans to launch a new packaged commodity product brand (private label) 'Ekta' with 35 stock-keeping units (SKUs) to start with. The company is also planing to launch a private label in lingerie soon. In the entertainment and leisure space, the company is present through its subsidiary Galaxy Entertainment, and is likely to expand this business. Amongst new business ideas, Future Group plans to launch is a travel company as it recently acquired travel company Club 7. Another business the group is looking at is launching stores for printing and designing needs.
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjali’s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India
- Samsung eyes 10% more of Indian TV market
- Snapdeal's Jason Kothari quits to join Infibeam
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal asks ministry to relax restrictions over Amazon's food plans
- Furniture retailer Stanley Lifestyles partners with Conde House