The Loot to raise Rs 100 crore through IPO route
Leading retail chain, The Loot India, has announced plans to raise Rs. 100-crore through an IPO, likely to be launched in the next 15 months.
October 22, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Leading retail chain, The Loot India, has announced plans to raise Rs. 100-crore through an IPO, likely to be launched in the next 15 months. The proceeds will be used for consolidating its retail business as well as for setting up a training campus, spread across 1.5 million sq. ft area near the Maharashtra-Gujarat border. “The training campus would have a small manufacturing unit, a design cell for The Loot’s in house apparel brands and would train staff on upcoming trends and technologies.” said Mr Jay Gupta MD The Loot. He added, “The Loot has also tied-up with Tata Consultancy Services for its software and technology support.” The company plans to expand its store network of 140 stores to 200 stores by 2010, beginning with opening of stores across 50 cities in 20 states of the country by March 2010. The Loot, a multi-brand discount store offering customers a wide range of products in apparels, footwear and accessories with discounts throughout the year, recently won the TiE Entrepreneurial Excellence Award 2009 at TiEcon Delhi 2009.
- GST refund adversely effects Small biz exports
- Amway may bring its herbal range to overseas market
- Haier Introduces Luxurious Glass Finish Side by Side Refrigerator in India
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor