The MobileStore dazzles at the Retail City award event: bags the “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year”
The MobileStore, the retail arm of Essar Telecom in alliance with Virgin Mobile, has bagged the prestigious award “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year” at The Retail City Awards 2008 held at Dubai.
June 06, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
The MobileStore, the retail arm of Essar Telecom in alliance with Virgin Mobile, has bagged the prestigious award “Emerging Market Retailer of the Year” at The Retail City Awards 2008 held at Dubai. The award recognizes the contribution of The MobileStore as the largest retail chain of mobile phones in the emerging market of India. The award acknowledges the role of the retailer in improving standards, developing new ideas and concepts, and adopting corporate social responsibility. The award honours those retailers from the emerging market of India, China, Russia, UAE, Brazil, etc. who are showing significant development in their operations and long-term ambitions, proving their attractiveness to the global retailers for the sheer excellence Retail City – the international retail property development & investment event – is the platform to uphold the vision of revolutionary development in the sector providing an unparalleled opportunity for networking with high profiled personnel from business fraternity and opening the gateway for investment. “The award establishes the supremacy of The MobileStore brand in the telecom retail space not just in India but at a global level. Our experience so far shows that the Indian consumer is absolutely thrilled to have a one stop shop for his mobile needs and does not need to run store to store for various products, accessories and services.” said Mr. Rajiv Agarwal, CEO and Director, The MobileStore Limited. Currently, The MobileStore has 800 outlets across India and all set to expand it to 2500 stores in the next 2 years cutting across 600 cities.
- India hikes import duty on 29 products
- McDonald's has replaced plastic with biodegradable alternatives
- Geo-tags, local language shopping- Amazon all set to enhance customer experience
- DLF ties up with Uber once again for a superlative shopping experience
- UP Cabinet clears Patanjali's Rs 6,000-crore food park
- RapidRetail's new store in Ujjain aims to strengthens Patanjaliâ€™s brand connect
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd Brings American Eagle Outfitters to India
- Reliance Brands in talks to buy Genesis Luxury
- Gini & Jony partners with NucleusVision
- Report says online platforms capture 38% smartphone sales in India