The Rolex Awards for Enterprise
Rolex, the Swiss watchmaker, today honoured two remarkable Indians
January 29, 2009 | comments ( 0 ) |
Rolex, the Swiss watchmaker, today honoured two remarkable Indians, Romulus Whitaker and Moji Riba, for being selected as Associate Laureates in the Rolex Awards for Enterprise 2008. Vikram Akula, Founder & CEO of SKS Microfinance, presented the awards which included a cheque for US$50,000 and a steel-and-gold Rolex chronometer at a media conference and felicitation ceremony held in the capital. Yogesh Shah, CEO-MD, Rolex Watch Co. Pvt. Ltd. India and Barbara Geary, Programme Head, Rolex Awards for Enterprise, were also present on this occasion. The Rolex Awards for Enterprise presented every two years, to ten enterprising individuals – Laureates and Associate Laureates – aim to encourage the pursuit of quality and excellence, and salute the spirit of enterprise of visionary men and women around the globe, by providing the financial support and recognition they need to implement innovative working projects that advance human knowledge and well-being. Rolex had instituted the Awards in 1976 to mark the 50th anniversary of its own greatest innovation, the Oyster Chronometer, the world’s first waterproof watch.
- Walmart India Activates UPI on its B2B e-commerce Platform
- Army Canteen stores record profit
- Paytm Mall Targets $10 Bn in Annualized Gross Sales by March 2019
- Future Consumer Limited signs a strategic partnership with MaxWholesale
- Tablez brings Chinese lifestyle brand YOYOSO in India
- ShopClues raises US $16 million
- Kishore Biyani led Future Retail may get foreign investor
- PVR buys controlling stake in SPI cinemas
- DailyNinja buys out 4amShop in all-cash deal
- GUESS to go on its own in India!