TiE: Annual Retail Summit concluded in Delhi
The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), a global not-for-profit network organised an event for
July 12, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), a global not-for-profit network organised an event foryoung entrepreneurs ‘Annual Retail Summit 2010’ on July 9, 2010 at Hotel SheratonSaket, New Delhi. It was the sixth edition of the summit. The objective of the eventwas to nurture and foster entrepreneurship across all sectors in retail. Also, TiEDelhi announced for the first time the TiE Retail Innovation Awards to acknowledgeindividuals/ groups with unique business ideas and great entrepreneurial spirit.Present at the summit were Ashish Kapur, MD- Yo! China, who was also the Chairpersonfor TiE Retail and Mr. Arvind Singhal, Chairman Technopak Advisors Ltd., one ofIndia’s leading Management Consulting firms, to share their perspectives on varioustopics related to retail. Addressing the summit, Kapur said “Retailing has been witnessinga rapid growth at a pace of 25-30 per cent annually and entrepreneurship is also boomingtoday.”
The newly instituted TiE Retail Innovation Awards 2010 had six categories namely:Retail Entrepreneurs of the Year, Emerging Retailer of the Year, Woman Retailer of theYear, Excellence in Supply Chain Management, Technology Innovation in Retail andRetail Marketing Campaign of the Year.
Also, present at the Summit were top echelons such as Santosh Desai, Future Group;Raghav Gupta, President, Technopak; Pankaj Chandra from BIGflix; Mukul Nag fromStandard Chartered Private Equity; and Vibhor Mehra from SAIF partners etc, givingguidelines to the young entrepreneurs and discussing the related hindrances in the retailsegment in detail. They encouraged the audience to believe in their ideas and shared tipson how to convert their aspirations into the acumen.
The sessions focused on entrepreneurial aspects of retail and took delegates through theissues, aspects and challenges facing the industry today, while celebrating the successstories, and helping entrepreneurs stay future-proof. Citing the example of Fabindia andHidesign to the emerging entrepreneurs, Mohit Bhatnagar of Sequoia Capital emphasisedon focusing not just on thinking big but also thinking global.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021