Timberland opens in S India
The Timberland Company, the authentic outdoor footwear and apparel
February 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Timberland Company, the authentic outdoor footwear and apparel brand, announced the opening of its first store in South India at Express Avenue Mall, Chennai.
Spread across 2200 sq.ft., the Timberland store is specially designed to reflect Timberland’s long standing commitment to sustainability through the use of recycled materials and other eco-conscious building practices. The exclusive store will offer footwear, apparel and accessories for men, women and children, including Timberland’s popular ‘Earthkeepers’ collection of shoes and boots made from eco-friendly materials.
As a pioneer who has always created products to enhance the pleasure of enjoying the outdoors, Timberland very early-on recognized the need to preserve the nature. Since then, Timberland has always been a strong advocate of environmental stewardship, globally.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Darshan Mehta, President & CEO, Reliance Brands Ltd. said, “Timberland is an authentic, sustainable outdoor brand with a history of innovation and quality and we’re excited to help drive the expansion of Timberland into India. We look forward to showcasing our brand in Chennai and providing consumers the authentic outdoor gear they have come to expect from Timberland.”
Timberland is available in India through an exclusive license cum distribution agreement with Reliance Brands Ltd., part of Reliance Industries Ltd., to distribute TimberlandÒ footwear and apparel to the Indian market.
- Bluestone eyes expanding in India with offline stores
- Zomato buys Lucknow-based TechEagle Innovations
- Curefit may foray into online retailing of sportswear
- Virat Kohli's One8 expands brand portfolio
- Lighthouse invests INR 250 crores in footwear brand Aqualite
- PrettySecrets launches new store
- Infiniti Retail posts 1st net profit
- Future group to launch Brand Factory online in February 2019
- Over 50 Indian companies aims to expand operations to RAKEZ in UAE
- Xiaomi clocks about Rs 23k cr revenue within 4 years of operations