Timberland opens in S India
The Timberland Company, the authentic outdoor footwear and apparel
February 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Timberland Company, the authentic outdoor footwear and apparel brand, announced the opening of its first store in South India at Express Avenue Mall, Chennai.
Spread across 2200 sq.ft., the Timberland store is specially designed to reflect Timberland’s long standing commitment to sustainability through the use of recycled materials and other eco-conscious building practices. The exclusive store will offer footwear, apparel and accessories for men, women and children, including Timberland’s popular ‘Earthkeepers’ collection of shoes and boots made from eco-friendly materials.
As a pioneer who has always created products to enhance the pleasure of enjoying the outdoors, Timberland very early-on recognized the need to preserve the nature. Since then, Timberland has always been a strong advocate of environmental stewardship, globally.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Darshan Mehta, President & CEO, Reliance Brands Ltd. said, “Timberland is an authentic, sustainable outdoor brand with a history of innovation and quality and we’re excited to help drive the expansion of Timberland into India. We look forward to showcasing our brand in Chennai and providing consumers the authentic outdoor gear they have come to expect from Timberland.”
Timberland is available in India through an exclusive license cum distribution agreement with Reliance Brands Ltd., part of Reliance Industries Ltd., to distribute TimberlandÒ footwear and apparel to the Indian market.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India