Timbor Home to develop skills
Timbor Home’s new venture 'Timbor Skillvarsity'.April 06, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s only fully integrated furniture making company, Timbor Home Ltd, is now going to offer unique skill development courses to provide employment to today’s young generation through its new venture, Timbor Skillvarsity. The market size of the Indian furniture industry at over Rs 70,000 crore is huge and it employs around 3 lakh people. So, the demand for trained manpower for the furniture sector is enormous.
Timbor Home's skills development initiative has received support from the Government of Gujarat through the Industries Commissionerate and The Centre for Entrepreneurship Development.
Commenting on this new initiative, Anant Maloo, Chairman & MD of Timbor Home Ltd, said, “Skill development is of high priority today, with the PMO and CMO in Gujarat directly overseeing the skill development mission. Under the tagline ‘Be Skilled, Be Employed’, the Timbor Skillvarsity is going to generate employment opportunities for large number of under-graduates and graduates by providing them skills, which the huge furniture market requires. We are the first company in India to offer such specialised courses, which are of relevance to the furniture and the retail sector. ”
Currently, Timbor Skillvarsity is offering four types of courses — Kitchengineer, ProFit, Basic Woodwork and Wooden Furniture Making. Students from any educational background, and even hommakers can register for these courses.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021