Titan to add 100 more stores
Looking at the buoyant demand in the domestic
December 06, 2010 | comments ( 1 ) |
Looking at the buoyant demand in the domestic and the international markets, Titan Industries are on the expansion spree. The watch major that already commands around 65% market share in the Indian market and plans to add 100 Titan stores over the next five years as its eyes an annual 2% growth over the same period from the domestic market.
Currently, Titan has 300 stores across 130 cities and with later expansion it would add 40 more cities in its domain. The new cities would include smaller ones such as Coimbatore, Vishkhapatnam and Jaipur.
The organised watch market in India is estimated to be around R2,250 crore with Titan accounting for R1,600 crore. Around 16 million watch units are sold across India in a year and the market is expected to grow annually at around 12%.
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019