Toonz Retailís small town play
Private labels key element of this strategy.February 25, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Toonz Retail has announced that it will leverage the opportunities in the kidswear segment via its own brands in tier-II and-III towns. As part of this strategy, this retailer has recently introduced WowMom and SuperYoung for children up to the age of 12 years.
Toonz Retail has 45 outlets on a pan India basis and plans to add five more stores, shortly.
Sharad Venkta, Managing Director and CEO, Toonz Retail said, “We initially focussed on licensed character-based merchandise, but the margins were rather ‘thin’. We changed strategy and launched our own brand.”
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021