Toonz Retailís small town play
Private labels key element of this strategy.February 25, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Toonz Retail has announced that it will leverage the opportunities in the kidswear segment via its own brands in tier-II and-III towns. As part of this strategy, this retailer has recently introduced WowMom and SuperYoung for children up to the age of 12 years.
Toonz Retail has 45 outlets on a pan India basis and plans to add five more stores, shortly.
Sharad Venkta, Managing Director and CEO, Toonz Retail said, “We initially focussed on licensed character-based merchandise, but the margins were rather ‘thin’. We changed strategy and launched our own brand.”
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint