Top management rejig at Tata Motors
Telanga retires as MD while two new EDs join the board.June 22, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
The top management of Tata Motors undergoes change as PM Telang retires after serving as the Managing Director for three years. With going of Telang, Ravi Pisharody, the current president of the commercial vehicle business unit (CVBU) and Satish Borwankar, Senior Vice-President (Manufacturing Operations – Commercial Vehicles Business Unit), join the wagon as Executive Directors.
Pisharody, 56 year old, is an alumnus of IIT, Kharagpur and IIM, Calcutta. He’s been a part of Tata Motors since 2007. As executive director (commercial vehicles) he will continue to spearhead the commercial vehicle business of the company which generates about 70 per cent of the turnover at the stand-alone level.
On the other hand, 59 year-old Borwankar has been appointed executive director - quality vendor development and strategic sourcing. He has been with Tata Motors since 1974. An alumni of IIT, Kanpur, Borwankar has held various responsibilities in manufacturing and quality functions in the company including senior vice-president of the Jamshepur plant, where Tata Motors makes trucks and buses.Borwankar, who is a mechanical engineer (B.Tech), also served as the director of HV Transmissions Limited and HV Axles, the subsidiary companies of Tata Motors.
Though successor for Telang has not been announced yet but Pisharody seems to be the top runner for the post.
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2