Toshiba’s aggressive growth targets
Eyes Rs 18,000 crore in local sales and investment of over Rs 3, 000 croreFebruary 18, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Japan-based Toshiba Corporation announced that it is expecting a seven fold increase in its local sales to Rs 18,000 crore by 2017. And, this growth would be largely driven by the power and infrastructure sectors.
This MNC is also evaluating an investment of over Rs 3,000 crore in the country over the next five years. Hisao Tanaka, President, Toshiba Corporation, said, " We will position our operations here as a strategic world-wide business hub for thermal power, energy transmission and distribution equipment, water and waste-water treatment, and software development businesses."
Last month, this company had also acquired Vijai Electricals’ power transmission and distribution businesses.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021