Toshiba’s aggressive growth targets
Eyes Rs 18,000 crore in local sales and investment of over Rs 3, 000 croreFebruary 18, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Japan-based Toshiba Corporation announced that it is expecting a seven fold increase in its local sales to Rs 18,000 crore by 2017. And, this growth would be largely driven by the power and infrastructure sectors.
This MNC is also evaluating an investment of over Rs 3,000 crore in the country over the next five years. Hisao Tanaka, President, Toshiba Corporation, said, " We will position our operations here as a strategic world-wide business hub for thermal power, energy transmission and distribution equipment, water and waste-water treatment, and software development businesses."
Last month, this company had also acquired Vijai Electricals’ power transmission and distribution businesses.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint