Toshiba shifts focus to LED TVs
Eyes Rs 5000 crore sales from its digital business by March'15.July 27, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Toshiba India, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, Japan, eyes sales of Rs 5000 crore from its digital business by March 2015. The announcement came when the company launched a new line-up of LED TV ranging between Rs 10,000 and Rs 12,00,000. In this category, it plans to unveil 11 platforms and 22 distinct models of LEDs. The company has increased its market share in flat panel TV from 1.9 per cent in 2011 to 11.1 per cent in March 2012.
The firm also introduced three new range of PCs, priced between Rs 33,250 and Rs 64,000. In the PC segment, Toshiba is hoping to achieve a market share of 10 per cent by this fiscal against 7.2 per cent in the last fiscal with sales of two lakh units.
“We are rapidly shifting focus from LCD TV to LED TV. We aim to garner 15 per cent market share by March 2015,” said Tengguo Wu, Director, Toshiba India.
Toshiba sells across 6,000 sales points along with 450 service centres across the country.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category