Toshiba shifts focus to LED TVs
Eyes Rs 5000 crore sales from its digital business by March'15.July 27, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Toshiba India, a 100 per cent subsidiary of Toshiba Corporation, Japan, eyes sales of Rs 5000 crore from its digital business by March 2015. The announcement came when the company launched a new line-up of LED TV ranging between Rs 10,000 and Rs 12,00,000. In this category, it plans to unveil 11 platforms and 22 distinct models of LEDs. The company has increased its market share in flat panel TV from 1.9 per cent in 2011 to 11.1 per cent in March 2012.
The firm also introduced three new range of PCs, priced between Rs 33,250 and Rs 64,000. In the PC segment, Toshiba is hoping to achieve a market share of 10 per cent by this fiscal against 7.2 per cent in the last fiscal with sales of two lakh units.
“We are rapidly shifting focus from LCD TV to LED TV. We aim to garner 15 per cent market share by March 2015,” said Tengguo Wu, Director, Toshiba India.
Toshiba sells across 6,000 sales points along with 450 service centres across the country.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021