Trent to restructure Star Bazaar
Plans to add five stores by year-endMay 26, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Tata group is contemplating launching different formats including mid-sized stores for Star Bazaar, in a bid to achieve profitability faster.
Noel Tata, Trent Chairman, in a media interaction, said, "We are evaluating various formats, and I do believe that mid-sized outlets will become profitable quicker vis-à-vis larger sized stores.”
Tata said the company plans to add at least five stores every year in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Currently, Star Bazaar has 12 hypermarket stores, each spread over 40,000-80,000 square feet. Trent Hypermarket Ltd (THL) operates the Star Bazaar retail business in India.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG