Trent to restructure Star Bazaar
Plans to add five stores by year-endMay 26, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Tata group is contemplating launching different formats including mid-sized stores for Star Bazaar, in a bid to achieve profitability faster.
Noel Tata, Trent Chairman, in a media interaction, said, "We are evaluating various formats, and I do believe that mid-sized outlets will become profitable quicker vis-à-vis larger sized stores.”
Tata said the company plans to add at least five stores every year in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
Currently, Star Bazaar has 12 hypermarket stores, each spread over 40,000-80,000 square feet. Trent Hypermarket Ltd (THL) operates the Star Bazaar retail business in India.
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end