Trent touts for best Retail head
After Noel moves over, Tatas head hunting for best substitute
August 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tatas sets up five-member team to run company until a replacement for Noel is found. Noel gave up his executive responsibilities as managing director effective August 12, to become the non-executive vice-chairman.
The team comprises chief operating officer Gaurav Mahajan, head of corporate human resources Sanjay Rastogi and chief financial officer P Venkatesalu.
Noel Tata has overseen the profitable growth of Trent from a single store company in 1998 to over 90 stores across its retail formats Westside, Star Bazaar, Landmark, Fashion Yatra, Sisley and Zara. During this period, Trent has entered into a strategic franchise and sourcing agreement with international retailer Tesco of UK for the Star Bazaar business. Under his leadership, the consolidated turnover of Trent has increased from Rs 8 crore in FY1998-99 to Rs 1,137 crore in FY 2009-10.
The core team is expected to draw on Tata’s expert guidance whenever required, even as the board of Trent has mounted a formal search for a successor.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021