Trent touts for best Retail head
After Noel moves over, Tatas head hunting for best substitute
August 16, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Tatas sets up five-member team to run company until a replacement for Noel is found. Noel gave up his executive responsibilities as managing director effective August 12, to become the non-executive vice-chairman.
The team comprises chief operating officer Gaurav Mahajan, head of corporate human resources Sanjay Rastogi and chief financial officer P Venkatesalu.
Noel Tata has overseen the profitable growth of Trent from a single store company in 1998 to over 90 stores across its retail formats Westside, Star Bazaar, Landmark, Fashion Yatra, Sisley and Zara. During this period, Trent has entered into a strategic franchise and sourcing agreement with international retailer Tesco of UK for the Star Bazaar business. Under his leadership, the consolidated turnover of Trent has increased from Rs 8 crore in FY1998-99 to Rs 1,137 crore in FY 2009-10.
The core team is expected to draw on Tata’s expert guidance whenever required, even as the board of Trent has mounted a formal search for a successor.
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore