Turtle going to Italy
Setting up pilot store in Cosenza.
Tags: TurtleJune 25, 2012 | comments ( 0 ) |
Turtle is all set to open its first store in Italy later this month. The store will come up at Cosenza, South of Italy and will be set up on a pilot basis for six months.
The store called in for an investment of Rs 10-15 lakh for a store size of 400-450 sq. ft. The collection at the store will include Turtle’s clothing with respect to Shrits, Trousers, T-shirts etc. They are looking to clock sales of Rs 3-4 lakh a month to be able to break even soon. Moving ahead, they see the numbers going up as well.
“We are taking Turtle to Italy and have tied-up with a Milan based design house. We will be pumping in Rs 50-60 lakh in the coming year for the same. We will also be taking up the franchise route for future expansion”, said Shitanshu Jhunjhunwala, Director, Turtle. The inspiration to open stores came from the designers they have been working with for the past seven to eight years who encouraged them to set up this pilot project.
In the initial stage, they will be opening only two to three stores, based on the performance of their pilot store. The price tag for its collection ranges between € 15-25.
Presently they are only focusing on Italy and are not looking at any associations in other countries.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021