Two alcohol brands register $1 billion sales
Boom in domestic spirits industryMarch 20, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Following the footsteps of McDowell’s No 1 whisky, two more Indian liquor brands including Royal Stag and Officer's Choice have registered $1 billion (Rs 6,000 crores) in retail sales during in the last fiscal. McDowell's No 1 whisky was the first Indian spirits brand to cross the billion-dollar mark two years ago.
Royal Stag is an India-specific brand of the French drinks conglomerate Pernod Ricard, but has emerged as its largest selling brand by volume globally.
Sumeet Lamba, Executive Director, Pernod Ricard India, said, "We estimate the retail value of Royal Stag at Rs 8,000 crore, or $1.3 billion, on sales volume of 14 million cases last calendar year."
Officer's Choice owned by Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) is priced in the ‘standard’ segment, and is also the second largest Indian whisky after McDowell's No 1.
"Our brand carried a retail value of $1.25 billion, calculated on the basis of maximum retail price across the country," said Deepak Roy, Chief Executive of ABD.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021