Unilazer Ventures picks 25% stake in EKStop.com
The cost of acquisition is not disclosedJanuary 07, 2014 | comments ( 0 ) |
Unilazer Ventures Limited has announced its investment of an undisclosed amount for a 25 percent stake in Mumbai's upcoming e-grocery retailer - EkStop Shop Private Limited. This latest investment is in line with the company's strategic approach towards building e-commerce verticals with potential for exponential growth and scalability.
EkStop.com was launched across Mumbai last year and provides same-day quick delivery convenience and service of a kirana store coupled with the wide product variety, promotions and discounts of a hypermarket.
Abhishek Shah, AVP, Private Equity, Unilazer Ventures, stated, "I see tremendous potential and scalability for the e-grocery space in India. A disconnected last mile experience for the customer, high customer life time value, and an ability to build local monopolies in the top metros of India – are all exciting opportunities for this kind of business to grow exponentially."
Sumat Chopra, Co-Founder and CEO of EkStop.com, said, "Ekstop.com provides consumers a convenient, efficient and cost effective alternative to the corner store kirana and the supermarket”.
- Reliance Retail & Jio to jointly launch new e-commerce platform
- CCI gives nod to Samara Capital-Amazon's joint bid to buy More
- SoftBank eyes 40% stake in FirstCry for $400 million
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021