Unilever's Harish Manwani joins Whirlpool
Manwani served on the Unilever board since 2005
August 18, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
US home appliances maker Whirlpool Corporation has appointed Hindustan Unilever's non-executive chairman Harish Manwani to its board of directors. "His proven business leadership makes Harish Manwani an outstanding addition to our board," Jeff Fettig, chairman and CEO of the $18.3-billion Whirlpool, said.
A Unilever veteran, Manwani has served as president on the Unilever Executive Board since 2005 and will take charge of the newly-created position of COO next month as part of its global reorganisation. He joined HUL in 1976 and has held various key positions including overseeing Unilever's consumer goods businesses in Latin America, North America and Asia.
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint
- Tribhovan das BhimjiZaveri launches first store in Punjab
- ABFRL reports Q2 net profit of Rs 43 crore
- Arvind Q2 profit rises 16% to Rs 75 crore
- Croma gets Rs 250 cr funding from Tata Sons
- Samsung Electronics record profit Q3 despite smartphone struggles
- LOTS Wholesale Solutions expands its footprint in India