Unilever's Harish Manwani joins Whirlpool
Manwani served on the Unilever board since 2005
August 18, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
US home appliances maker Whirlpool Corporation has appointed Hindustan Unilever's non-executive chairman Harish Manwani to its board of directors. "His proven business leadership makes Harish Manwani an outstanding addition to our board," Jeff Fettig, chairman and CEO of the $18.3-billion Whirlpool, said.
A Unilever veteran, Manwani has served as president on the Unilever Executive Board since 2005 and will take charge of the newly-created position of COO next month as part of its global reorganisation. He joined HUL in 1976 and has held various key positions including overseeing Unilever's consumer goods businesses in Latin America, North America and Asia.
- Vivo India launches 'Vivo Xchange' program in partnership with Cashify.in
- Milkbasket expands operations to Bengaluru
- Manyavar launches another store in Punjab
- Ola raises Rs 150 crore from Flipkart's Co-Founder Sachin Bansal
- Ananth Narayanan steps down as Myntra Jabong CEO
- DailyNinja celebrates 15 million orders fulfilled
- John Jacobs looks to garner Rs 500 crore revenue by March 2021
- The Body Shop plans to launch 20 more stores in 2019
- Saya Homes to invest Rs 450 cr in its 1st retail project
- Tablez to introduce US-based Build-A-Bear in India