UniverCell announces growth plan
Plans to have 1000 stores by next fiscalNovember 30, 2013 | comments ( 0 ) |
The Chennai-based mobile phone retailer UniverCell plans to double its retail footprint to 1,000 outlets by the end of March 2015 from the present 500. The company, which added 490 stores from 2007 to the network from the mere 10 in the preceding 10 years, has decided to take the franchise route.
Apart from franchise outlets, the company plans to establish ultra-modern showrooms called UniverCell Sync, designed to give the buyers a look-and-feel experience.
After Bangalore, it will open a Sync outlet in Hyderabad sometime around Makar Sankranti festival.
D Satish Babu, Managing Director of Indus Mobile Distribution Private Ltd, “In the next few months, we will be opening 200 franchise outlets, including 100 in Andhra Pradesh. We are going to increase the number of outlets to 1,000, targeting a turnover of Rs 1,800 crore by the end of March 2015”.
The company has set apart Rs 25 crore for expansion in near term.
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka
- Mufti expands into footwear category
- Fashion e-tailer Craftsvilla plans to open 1,000 outlets in 2019
- Taneira to launch 50 stores in 5 years
- Saakshi launches new store in Forum Esplanade Mall
- RP Sanjiv Goenka Group targets Rs 1,000 cr annualised revenue from FMCG