Univercell to augment business by opening 300 newoutlets
Univercell , a prominent mobile retail chain , is geared to set up 300 shops in North India by March ,2009, and 1000 stores by 2010 .
December 05, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Univercell , a prominent mobile retail chain , is geared to set up 300 shops in North India by March ,2009, and 1000 stores by 2010 . It is “poised to achieve its ambitious target”, Mr Ramesh Barath , Univercell Vice President ,new business development and marketing , said. Univercell is primed to open outlets in the country’s eastern belt anon . “In the first phase, we have planned to set up 15 stores in West Bengal and Orissa by January 2009,” Mr Barath expatiated .Univercell recently unveiled its second shop in Vijaywada ,on the 14th of November. Speaking at the inaugural function, Satish Babu, the Founder of Univercell stated that the store design is in congruence with international standards; dynamic and captivating. “The new showroom showcases not only the latest models and accessories, but also provides an experience that has been the trademark of all the Univercell stores since its inception”, Mr Barath informed. From having a lone store withmerely 32 employees in 2000, Univercellhasamplifiedits business to200 company-owned outlets .The company maintains its denomination as a pre-eminent retailer by all superior mobile fabricators and has access tothe choicestallowances and incentives. Mr Ramesh was in Chennai recently to formally launch the company’s online portal, www.univercell.in, in the Tamil language. Relating that their online sales of mobile phones comprise 5% in entirety , he anticipated that theywould escalate in the approaching future.
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shazé plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group