Uttar Pradesh government in talks with Flipkart to sell Khadi products
An MoU has already been signed with Amazon India, and at present, Khadi products of 10 units are being sold on amazon.inJuly 09, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
After the successful sale of various Khadi products on amazon.in, (the) UP government is in talks with another e-commerce portal — Flipkart. Once, the talks are successful, the Khadi products will be available on this website as well.
“An MoU has already been signed with Amazon India, and at present, Khadi products of 10 units are being sold on amazon.in. As many as 40 Khadi products have been shortlisted, and their photo shoot is over. Soon, the consumers will be able to buy them online. Apart from this, efforts are also being made to make these products reach the international market. Stress is being laid on online marketing, “Principal Secretary Khadi and Village Industries Navneet Sehgal told PTI
On February 20, UP’s Khadi and Village Industries Board signed a pact with Amazon India to facilitate online selling of Khadi products.
As part of the MoU, Amazon India will educate, train and enable rural khadi artisans to directly sell their products to amazon.in customers across the country under the brand of UP Khadi. The portfolio online will include products such as khadi shirts, kurtas, dhotis, towels and gourmet food, which has a tremendous potential and demand in urban areas.
- Milkbasket launches voice buying
- Flipkart adds recharge, travel tabs on its mobile app
- Grofers to enter FMCG segment; targets Rs 2,500 crore sales in FY19
- LG India starts open cell manufacturing of TV at Pune plant
- Amazon pumped Rs 230 crore into India wallet
- Singapore based CCube Angels Network Invests in Inner Being
- Amazon readies for Prime Day with blockbuster deals
- Shoppers Stop betting big on omni-channel strategy
- Now IKEA will launch its first store in India on August 9
- Panasonic India aims aggressive growth