Uttar Pradesh government in talks with Flipkart to sell Khadi products
An MoU has already been signed with Amazon India, and at present, Khadi products of 10 units are being sold on amazon.inJuly 09, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
After the successful sale of various Khadi products on amazon.in, (the) UP government is in talks with another e-commerce portal — Flipkart. Once, the talks are successful, the Khadi products will be available on this website as well.
“An MoU has already been signed with Amazon India, and at present, Khadi products of 10 units are being sold on amazon.in. As many as 40 Khadi products have been shortlisted, and their photo shoot is over. Soon, the consumers will be able to buy them online. Apart from this, efforts are also being made to make these products reach the international market. Stress is being laid on online marketing, “Principal Secretary Khadi and Village Industries Navneet Sehgal told PTI
On February 20, UP’s Khadi and Village Industries Board signed a pact with Amazon India to facilitate online selling of Khadi products.
As part of the MoU, Amazon India will educate, train and enable rural khadi artisans to directly sell their products to amazon.in customers across the country under the brand of UP Khadi. The portfolio online will include products such as khadi shirts, kurtas, dhotis, towels and gourmet food, which has a tremendous potential and demand in urban areas.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India