Uttar Pradesh government in talks with Flipkart to sell Khadi products
An MoU has already been signed with Amazon India, and at present, Khadi products of 10 units are being sold on amazon.inJuly 09, 2018 | comments ( 0 ) |
After the successful sale of various Khadi products on amazon.in, (the) UP government is in talks with another e-commerce portal — Flipkart. Once, the talks are successful, the Khadi products will be available on this website as well.
“An MoU has already been signed with Amazon India, and at present, Khadi products of 10 units are being sold on amazon.in. As many as 40 Khadi products have been shortlisted, and their photo shoot is over. Soon, the consumers will be able to buy them online. Apart from this, efforts are also being made to make these products reach the international market. Stress is being laid on online marketing, “Principal Secretary Khadi and Village Industries Navneet Sehgal told PTI
On February 20, UP’s Khadi and Village Industries Board signed a pact with Amazon India to facilitate online selling of Khadi products.
As part of the MoU, Amazon India will educate, train and enable rural khadi artisans to directly sell their products to amazon.in customers across the country under the brand of UP Khadi. The portfolio online will include products such as khadi shirts, kurtas, dhotis, towels and gourmet food, which has a tremendous potential and demand in urban areas.
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal
- Binny Bansal exits Flipkart
- Britannia Industries records profit in Q2
- Indian food retail market may attract investment USD 827 bln by 2023: study
- Amazon to invest 220 crore more in Amazon Pay
- Gap Inc. accelerates digital transformation with Microsoft Cloud
- Casa Buzallong launches its first store in Vadodara
- Raymond is now present across 500 towns in India with a dedicated retail chain footprint