Vimal on expansion spree
Vimal, the textile brand of Mukesh Ambaniís Reliance
July 22, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Vimal, the textile brand of Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries has plans to spread its wings in the retail segment by opening around 38 outlets this calendar year.
Currently, the company is possessing around 380 stores across the country and has decent plans to expand at least 10% in 2011.
"We will continue to open more new stores. We will also continue to support our franchisees in order to enhance the brand--Vimal," said Mr Anand Parekh , RIL President (Textile Division).
The company's manufacturing capacity in consumer fabrics is over 21-million metres per year, of which 50 per cent is exported.
At present the company exports its fabrics to around 50 countries and is looking forward to increase its horizon to other countries of the globe.
The company has recently also launched its new range of anti-microbial suiting fabric DE02, which can arrest growth of fungi and bacteria to keep garments odourless in hot and humid conditions without adding extra cost to the fabric.
- Montblanc opens new boutique in Bangalore
- Milkbasket tops up its Series A with another $7 Million
- Lingerie e-tailer Clovia plans to open 75 stores by 2021-end
- Welspun group aims Rs 1,000 crore turnover from new flooring line
- Miniso eyes sourcing Indian products to Australia & US
- Trek Bicycles plans to expand retail stores across India
- Vision Express starts its 16th store in New Delhi
- BlueStone launches its first store in Mumbai
- Splash Fashions to expand its digital presence
- Toonz Retail opens store in Dwarka