Vimal on expansion spree
Vimal, the textile brand of Mukesh Ambaniís Reliance
July 22, 2010 | comments ( 0 ) |
Vimal, the textile brand of Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries has plans to spread its wings in the retail segment by opening around 38 outlets this calendar year.
Currently, the company is possessing around 380 stores across the country and has decent plans to expand at least 10% in 2011.
"We will continue to open more new stores. We will also continue to support our franchisees in order to enhance the brand--Vimal," said Mr Anand Parekh , RIL President (Textile Division).
The company's manufacturing capacity in consumer fabrics is over 21-million metres per year, of which 50 per cent is exported.
At present the company exports its fabrics to around 50 countries and is looking forward to increase its horizon to other countries of the globe.
The company has recently also launched its new range of anti-microbial suiting fabric DE02, which can arrest growth of fungi and bacteria to keep garments odourless in hot and humid conditions without adding extra cost to the fabric.
- Grofers' standalone loss narrows to Rs 258 crore in FY18
- Tablez eyes launching 20 exclusive Build-A-Bear stores in India
- Future Consumer signs MoU with T Choithrams & Sons
- Apparel brand Turms raises Rs 2 crore in fresh funding
- Luxury brand Shaz√© plans to launch up to 10 new stores in 2019
- Patanjali eyes opening 100 Paridhan stores in the next one year
- Puma hires boxing champion Mary Kom as brand ambassador
- Epic Group to make $20 million investment in India
- Simon Carter to launch 3 new Indian franchise stores
- Titan Eyeplus open 3 new stores in Coimbatore