Visa and Snapdeal.com ties up for partnership
India’s largest deals website Snapdeal.com
March 11, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
India’s largest deals website Snapdeal.com, owned by Jasper, a leading marketing platforms company, has entered into a strategic alliance with Visa.
As part of this partnership all Visa Debit and Credit cardholders in India will enjoy various benefits on www.snapdeal.com and will additionally enjoy a free Rs.100 credit, usable against their purchase on www.snapdeal.com. The partnership is designed to provide additional benefits and convenience to the growing number of online cards users in the country and further encourage existing Snapdeal users and Visa cardholders to utilise the various programs designed for the Indian users.
Speaking on the alliance, Mr. Uttam Nayak, Group Country Manager, India and South Asia, Visa said, “Visa is glad to partner with Snapdeal, a significant e-com player in India. With Indian consumers increasingly going online to shop or book tickets, we are glad to add to the bouquet of exclusive benefits for Visa cardholders, when they shop online. We are confident that this partnership we will take the convenience of online shopping to more consumers across the country.”
Snapdeal offers 50 to 90 percent discounts on branded products and the best things to do, see, eat and experience in 45 cities across India. With over 1.8 million existing subscribers and a new subscriber joining every 4 seconds, Snapdeal has established itself as one of the fastest growing e-commerce sites in India. “We welcome Visa as a strategic partner for Snapdeal and believe excellent synergies exist between Snapdeal and Visa that offers various benefits to cardholders,” adds Kunal Bahl, CEO, Jasper.
- ShopClues launches its first offline store in Lucknow
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category