Vocollect enters Indian market
US company establishes Gurgaon office for local presence to reach logistics market
August 23, 2011 | comments ( 0 ) |
Vocollect, a business unit of Intermec, Inc. and the world leader in voice-centric solutions for mobile workers, announced its entry in India and the start of its India sales operation in Gurgaon. This move is an important step in Vocollect’s efforts to grow its presence in Asia's logistics sector.
Speaking on the occasion, Vance Lau, Vice President and Managing Director, Vocollect Asia Pacific, said, "India's domestic logistical demand is vast, and the country is witnessing external demands placed by global businesses for world-class supply chain management practices. Businesses need to find better and faster ways to achieve results that are on par with international standards."
Vocollect and its global partner network enable over 300,000 workers worldwide to distribute more than US$3.5 billion worth of goods on a daily basis through voice-centric solutions. The solution features the company’s industry-leading speech recognition technology and built-for-purpose Talkman mobile computing appliances. Vocollect Voice, Vocollect’s portfolio of hardware and software, seamlessly integrates with any existing WMS or ERP including SAP, enabling companies to leverage their existing technology investment.
Vocollect’s voice solutions excel across all geographies, supporting all languages, dialects and accents, working to the advantage of Indian companies. Workers from the different regions can train their individual voices on the system, and the speech recognition technology recognizes the unique characteristics of each person’s voice.
“We look forward to working closely with our partner Bartech Data Systems to deliver the benefits of our integrated voice solutions to companies all across India. This partnership is a perfect marriage for both companies, as we can extend our reach by tapping into Bartech’s extensive network and expertise in the regions where the voice solutions are simply something that cannot be missed in their product portfolio,” added Mr. Lau.
- V-Mart eyes tier 3 & 4 cities for expansion
- 7-Eleven eyes entering India with Future Group
- Bharti Airtel opens its 100th Next-Gen store
- WoodenStreet plans to launch 15 stores by 2019-end
- Skechers acquires Future Group's 49% stake in joint venture
- Bata reports 16% growth in net sales at Rs 7,787 mn
- Spin introduces its 1st experience store in Delhi
- Skechers India to become wholly-owned subsidiary of Skechers Footwear
- bigbasket expands its offerings to include beauty products
- Health & Glow launches its 150th store in India