Volkswagen on expansion mode
Volkswagen India has announced the appointment of Orion Motors, Genuss Motors and Prestige Motors as its authorized dealers in Hyderabad, Chandigarh and Ludhiana respectively.
May 09, 2008 | comments ( 0 ) |
Volkswagen India has announced the appointment of Orion Motors, Genuss Motors and Prestige Motors as its authorized dealers in Hyderabad, Chandigarh and Ludhiana respectively. Mr. Joerg Mueller, Volkswagen Group Representative for India and President of Volkswagen India as well as of the Volkswagen National Sales Company said that the move is to strengthen the company’s presence in the country. It can be well-assumed that the announcement is the result of an upsurge in demand from across the country and the company’s initiative to set up a plant in Chakan/Pune starting production in the year 2009. Covering an area of approximately 5000-6000 sq ft, these showrooms will offer a world-class experience to its customers similar to the classy standard of sales and services of Volkswagen. The state-of- the-art service facility well equipped with tools and equipment, capable of servicing 10 cars per day, is being set up at Hafeezpet and will be ready by July 2008. Volkswagen currently operates franchises in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore and now adds Hyderabad, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, Gurgaon and a further Franchise in Delhi to its network. In the year 2008 Volkswagen aims to operate 15 outlets in India and will soon finalize its further network partners. The company is aiming to open 30 outlets in India by end 2009. Keeping with the international standard of Volkswagen dealership, the dealers have imparted intense training in management of sales, service, spare parts and business systems to assure its customers of the best-in-class pre and post sales ownership experience.
- Crocs opens its 100th store in India
- Williams-Sonoma, Inc. announces partnership with Reliance Brands for India Market
- Instant noodle brand YiPPee crosses Rs 1,000 crore sales mark
- Myntra CEO & CFO quit
- Levi Strauss plans to launch IPO
- Coffee Day Enterprises profit up by 60% in Q2 results
- Ecommerce to contribute 11% of FMCG sales by 2030: Nielsen
- Perpule Raises $4.7 million in Series A to Fuel Omni-Channel Retail & Consumer Commerce in India
- Kellogg plans to reorganize cookies and fruit snacks category
- India Post launches e-commerce portal